ORDERING & DEPOSIT AMOUNT: To purchase a Diverse Directions cycling tour package, Diverse Directions must receive a completed Tour Order Form indicating acceptance of our Terms and Conditions and including credit card details. Credit cards are required both for guaranteeing hotel reservations made on your behalf and for payment of the Diverse Directions tour deposit. For orders received more that 60 days before the tour's scheduled start date, the deposit amount is $150 - $250 per tour participant, depending upon the tour itinerary purchased. For orders received within 60 days of the tour's scheduled start date, the deposit is equal to the total tour package price per person
BALANCE PAYMENT: For tour package orders received more than 60 days before the tour's scheduled start date, the balance payment is due 60 days prior to the tour's scheduled start date. Balance payments may be made by VISA, MasterCard, or personal check. Diverse Directions reserves the right to charge the balance payment to a credit card or to resell the tour space if the balance payment is not received by the due date.
TOUR CANCELLATION AND/OR REFUNDS: Because we incur certain non-recoverable pre-trip expenses, the enforcement of the following policy is necessary should you cancel:
- For cancellations received more than 60 days before the tour's scheduled start date, the participant will receive a refund of any amount paid in excess of the deposit.
- For cancellations received 60 to 31 days before a tour's scheduled start date, the participant will receive a refund of any amount paid in excess of the deposit, less a $100 per person administration and handling fee.
- For cancellations received 30 or fewer days before a tour's scheduled start date (including no shows), the participant will receive no refund of the amount paid.
- Diverse Directions reserves the right to charge the client's credit card for non-refundable hotel and / or bicycle reservation deposits paid on the cancelled participant's behalf.
- Diverse Directions is not obligated to provide a refund in the event of late arrival or shortening of the tour, regardless of the cause of the delay or shortening of the tour.
INSURANCE: Diverse Directions does not carry medical insurance on tour participants. Please be sure that you are adequately covered in the case of accident, injury, or illness during the trip. We recommend that you obtain appropriate short-term baggage, life, and trip insurance to cover any loss of property or life and to reimburse non-refundable portions of a cancelled reservation. Check your existing personal policies as to their applicability on certain trips. Any emergency evacuation costs shall be borne by the participant.
PASSPORTS AND VISAS: The participant is responsible for obtaining and traveling with all government-issued documents necessary for entry into the countries in which they are touring.
USE OF AUTHORIZED AGENTS: Diverse Directions reserves the right to use partner companies and/or independent contractors to supplement the delivery of its products and services.
BICYCLING SAFETY: Each tour participant is required to (1) wear a helmet while cycling, (2) cycle responsibly and obey all traffic signals and signs, (3) follow the rules of the road as described in Diverse Directions' On-Road Reference Guide, and (4) obey all local traffic laws. Any tour participant choosing to cycle with clipless / automatic pedals assumes complete responsibility for their use. In the event of a tour participant's injury or death while operating a bicycle rented from Diverse Directions or one of its authorized agents, Diverse Directions accepts no responsibility or liability for said injury or death, and tour participants agree to hold Diverse Directions harmless.
CHILDREN: Participants under the age of 18 are welcome, but only under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. Parents / guardians assume complete responsibility for the safety, security, and well-being of children under the age of 18 in their care.
GPS NAVIGATION: Diverse Directions provides GPS files of its routes to enable tour participants to use GPS navigation for their cycling tour. The client must provide his/her own GPS device and is solely responsible for its compatibility and operation. Diverse Directions assumes no responsibility for the successful performance of a tour participant's GPS device. Diverse Directions strongly recommends that any client intending to use GPS also have their written route instructions available in the event of a failure of the GPS device.
PARTICIPANT LIABILITY:: Bike touring has many elements of risk. Be sure you are prepared to assume all risks associated with the trip before joining us. The participant is responsible for any damages to or loss (including theft) of property of Diverse Directions or that of any agent in the service of Diverse Directions while on the tour, and will be required to immediately pay for such damages or loss. The participant is responsible for sufficient insurance coverage against all claims that might arise from his / her legal responsibility and that of his / her party, such as responsibility for damages, injuries, legal procedures, and tort.
DIVERSE DIRECTIONS LIABILITY: Diverse Directions acts only as the agent for the owners, contractors, and suppliers of materials, accommodations, and support services; and accepts no responsibility or liability for:
- inconvenience, loss, property damage, or bodily injury resulting from delay or any kind of negligence on the part of any transportation company, hotel, or any other agent in the service of Diverse Directions or its clients, or from any third party.
- inconvenience, loss, property damage, or bodily injury resulting from road conditions; traffic; accidents involving motorized vehicles, other cyclists or pedestrians; weather; acts of God; defects in vehicles; breakdown in equipment; late air, rail, or boat arrivals and departures; changes in schedule; quarantines; strikes; civil disturbance; government regulations; criminal activity; detention; annoyance; or acts of terrorism or war; etc. over which Diverse Directions has no control.
- any expense incurred by tour participants such as equipment purchase, medical costs, trip cancellation insurance purchase, air ticket cancellation penalties, etc.
- lost, damaged, or stolen property.
For these reasons, the purchase of travel insurance is strongly recommended.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As the producers of original written materials, Diverse Directions retains all intellectual property rights to such materials in all forms, printed and electronic. As such, the reproduction, sharing, and/or resale of Diverse Directions materials, including GPS route files, is strictly prohibited.
GENERAL: Agreement with Diverse Directions' Terms and Conditions indicates that you understand and agree to all Terms and Conditions contained herein. Diverse Directions reserves the right at any time to retract or change these Terms and Conditions and those expressly stated and/or implied in other literature printed or published by Diverse Directions.
ARBITRATION: Agreement with Diverse Directions' Terms and Conditions indicates that you agree that any claim, dispute, or controversy against Diverse Directions, its employees, and/or independent contractors shall be resolved by a binding arbitration process, and not through litigation filed in the courts.